Fun celebration time with this puppy birthday cake!
This is a fun recipe to whip up when your four-legged family members have a special day celebration. It is extremely easy to pull together, and can be topped with yogurt or whipped cream.
Our maltese-poodle mix just turned two the other day. And in scouring the internet for ideas I pulled this together based off of the healthy, appropriate ingredients components for dogs. Unfortunately, our malti-poo isn’t too fond of peanut butter, so I was a little worried he wouldn’t like this recipe. I was wrong! He loved it! (And so did his shih-poo brother!)
The ingredients in this cake are simple and nutritious for pups – with tons of benefits for their eyes, skin, and gastrointestinal health. You could substitute pumpkin for the carrot, or swap out pumpkin in place of the peanut butter, too. Sweet potato would be a great addition as well!
If you’re short on time to buy ingredients but still want to celebrate your doggo, check out Thrive Market. You can get the flour, peanut butter, honey, pumpkin, and more delivered to your door. You’ll just need the fresh stuff like the egg and shredded carrot. They also carry a variety of dog food, treats, and other pet care items to make your life simpler. And who doesn’t need that??
Make sure to mix up a batch of these healthy dog treats as your puppers birthday gift too. You’ll get lots of wags.
Tail Wagging Puppy Birthday Cake
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup peanut butter (make sure it does NOT contain xylitol)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 cup shredded or chopped carrots
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (Try this oat flour from Thrive Market)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine egg, peanut butter, coconut oil and honey together. Chop carrots and combine into wet mixture. Stir baking soda into flour and add into wet mixture slowly to fully combine.
- Pour into greased round cake pan and place in preheated oven. Bake for 40 minutes.